How to Join the Longmont ChoraleBe a part of one of the western United States' longest-running community choirs!
Your Next Opportunity to Join is:
Monday, January 8th at 7PM
for our Mozart Requiem concert in March
Chorale Members, Click on This Button
to Access Rehearsal Tracks:
You can also click on Members Area,
which is under Join in the top menu.
Sing With Us!
We are an adult and student choral group in the Longmont, Colorado area. If you are interested in singing with us or just want more information about our performances, please send a request to us using the form at the bottom of the page, and you will receive an informative email.
We are a non-auditioned group. Each prospective member need only sing a few simple pitch matching exercises, which is done privately with our Artistic Director. We welcome your voice and hope you will join us!
Join a rehearsal, sing, and meet our Chorale members. We encourage student participation (high school and up) as well.
For specific details on place, dates, and times of rehearsals, see our rehearsals & schedules information below. Other important membership information is below for you, too.
Thank you for your interest. Hope to see you at rehearsal!
-Bob Balsman, President
Rehearsals and Schedules
Please come early the first night, as we will be handing out music and getting acquainted.
After the Christmas holiday, rehearsals resume the first Monday after New Year’s day, unless that day is an observed holiday.
Regular Rehearsals: every Monday night leading up to a performance (except holidays)
Time: 7:00 pm (main chorale), 6:00 pm (Chorale Singers ensemble)
Place: Faith Community Church, 9775 Ute Hwy 66, Longmont
Dues: $50/concert (includes music). Newcomers are welcome to visit for 3 weeks before dues are expected. Students are exempt from paying dues.
Dress Rehearsals: All dress rehearsals are at LifeBridge Church unless noted otherwise.
Important Membership Information
- We are a non-auditioned group, and all are welcome. Our only request of newcomers is to do a few simple pitch matching exercises, sung privately for the Director.
- Come a bit early on the first night of rehearsal for each, new concert cycle, to allow extra time for new music distribution and seating.
- Rehearsal times and dates are shown in the Chorale Information Sheet, which will be handed out with the music, providing important information about all aspects of Chorale rehearsals and performances. The information here is also contained in those notes.
- During rehearsals there is a short break in the middle or individual breaks as needed.
- Seating may be assigned by the Director for proper balance of the voices. Once your location has been assigned, you will be expected to be in that same location, promptly at the start of rehearsals.
- Singers are expected to participate in all rehearsals. Exceptions of more than 2 absences per concert cycle will require notification to, and acceptance by, the Director and/or Section Hosts.
- Please bring a pencil/eraser. No ink or marker is allowed on any of the music owned by the Chorale or on loan from other groups.If desired, bring a personal container of water – please, no other liquids that may stain the furnishings. And please be mindful and respectful of the church venues used for our rehearsals and performances, parishioners and others may be present.
- Temporary cardboard music folders are provided to contain all music during regular rehearsals. Some music can be purchased if you desire to own your own copy, but generally, the Chorale encourages retention of all music for its library.
- Black performance folders are used during the concerts. They can be purchased at www.mymusicfolders.com if you desire this style, and we encourage it. A discount rate for performance folders may be available with a group purchase at the beginning of the season.
- For continuity, singers are encouraged to participate in all concerts of the entire season, but this is not strictly mandatory. If you cannot sing all performances of a singular concert (if there are multiple performances for that concert), it will require notification to the Director and/or Section Hosts.
Your voice is important to the total sound, so please be as diligent as possible. We love to hear you sing!
Get full details and information about all of this season's performances - click the button below:
BEFORE YOU GO...
Become a member of our Email Audience. About 2-4 times per month, we send advance performance notices, reminders, ticket discounts, and special promotions to our Email Audience – sign up today! Just tell us where to send yours in the sign up box.