Longmont Chorale communities are designed as places for Longmont Chorale members to connect, support, and encourage each other during the times we’re apart.
These guidelines aim to ensure that every Longmont Chorale community is inclusive and inviting to our members. Community admins, which consist of Longmont Chorale staff, will ensure that member posts and comments are appropriate. We will take any steps we deem appropriate to ensure that community conversations meet the policies described below.
Post/Comment Moderation Policy
You may be asked to edit your post or comment due to reasons of clarity, offensive content, unlawful or threatening content, or promotional content.
Depending on the severity and frequency of any offending content, you may not be notified that your post or comment has been removed. If Longmont Chorale feels that an issue needs to be addressed, the community manager will notify you privately.
Contributors may NOT make posts or comments that:
- Are threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, harassing, offensive, etc. – or are in any way considered promotional.
- Request email addresses or other contact information from members.
- Use the Live video or Watch Party functions, as the Facebook notifications are disruptive to members. Should you like to add a video to our communities we ask that it please be something that provides value to our group, and that it is pre-recorded.
- Collect, repackage, and/or share data outside of the group (this includes asking members to take a survey for market research purposes). Every member of a Longmont Chorale community has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their content and experiences remain privy to group members only.
Group moderators reserve the right to delete or turn off posts, with or without notification or warning.
On Job Listings
The purpose of Longmont Chorale communities is primarily for peer-to-peer communications. It is not intended to be a group for finding hired help.
That said, minimal numbers of job posts will be allowed in the spirit of members helping members. As well, minimal numbers of job seeking posts will also be allowed.
Before posting a job listing or for job hunting, please ask permission by writing an email to: email@example.com
We respectfully request that you do not post your job-related posts in the Longmont Chorale’s communities without approval from group moderators. Posting in this way will result in your post being deleted or turned off, at the admins’ discretion.
To ensure that dialogue in every Longmont Chorale community remains engaging for all members, you’re expected to observe 8 simple principles. The admins apply these principles when reviewing content in our communities.
- We believe debate and disagreement are constructive, but personal attacks, trolling, and abuse will not be tolerated. The key to a great community experience is an engaging and inclusive space where everyone can participate. Be nice!
- For the sake of constructive debate, we will distinguish between useful, focused arguments and smear tactics/propaganda against Longmont Chorale or any other company, person, or product.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues discussed in online communities, but we may remove any posts or comments that others might find offensive or threatening. Not everyone has a thick skin, so please consider the impact your posts and comments can have on others.
- We reserve the right to redirect conversation or remove the ability to comment on posts that become a series of mud-throwing comments based on personal opinions or generalizations. We don’t want to stop you from discussing issues you are passionate about, but we do ask our members to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel alienating, threatening, or toxic to other members.
- Keep replies relevant to the thread to which you’re replying. Conversations in Longmont Chorale communities may cover a variety of topics, but if you make a post or comment that is super off-target in a given thread, it might be removed in order to keep that discussion on track, prevent thread hijacking, and so on.
- Longmont Chorale communities are not an extension of our team, as admins do not continually monitor the community. However, our team is happy to help you via email, where your requests and feedback can be handled more efficiently. Please direct individual concerns and issues over email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a group of your singing peers, not your business leads. We take a very strong stance against promotion, lead generation, traffic grabs, and soliciting (this includes affiliate links). Please do not offer your content or services unless a member personally asks you via private message. You must not offer goods and services on Longmont Chorale communities unless specifically authorized by the community manager. If a member in a private message solicits you without establishing a prior relationship, please let us know at email@example.com so we can look into the issue.
- The community platforms are moderated by Longmont Chorale, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want every Longmont Chorale community to be a welcome space for intelligent discussion and support, and we expect members to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic within the community, please report the post, reach out to the community manager, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three Strikes Policy
The admins of Longmont Chorale communities operate on giving the benefit of the doubt. Three warnings for behavior that goes against the community guidelines will result in a 7-day removal from the group.
After the 7-day period, you are welcome to rejoin the group on a 30-day probation. If you act against the community guidelines again during your probation, you will be permanently removed from all associated Longmont Chorale communities.
At the Longmont Chorale’s sole discretion, violations may incur multiple strikes and/or result in immediate suspension or removal from Longmont Chorale communities.
Decisions regarding removal from Longmont Chorale communities will be made by the Longmont Chorale Executive Committee and/or Board President, with or without input from the community manager. Such decisions are final and are without appeal.
Violations by active members of the Longmont Chorale may also result in penalties such as suspension or cancellation of Longmont Chorale membership on a temporary or permanent basis, which are at the sole discretion of the Longmont Chorale Executive Committee and/or Board President.